Monday 10 June 2019

Another Day, Another Deer

I live in the city, though we are near some green space and I think that's why there are sometimes deer wandering into the garden. Some of them are pretty weary of humans - understandable as they are hunted at certain times of the year - but some are pretty curious. There are three that have been coming to the garden. I know they are the same ones because the one below has rather unique antlers growing. Perhaps once he gets bigger I won't be able to tell the difference, but for now it's nice to be able to. 


See how he has two on one side and one on the other? I wonder if they will even out when they grow. 

He usually comes with another smaller male and a female. He strides right up to the table without fear. If he's in the garden when I come with a cup of bird food he hangs around waiting nearby until I put some on the table. The birds aren't too happy when he eats their food! The other two are a little slower coming to the table. There is plenty of other greenery for them to eat in the garden at this time of year. I must admit they are a little pest-y (is that a word lol). I tried planting a garden a few times before the bird feeding adventure and they ate everything. This was before I knew they were around - or perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. 


On this day when I saw them they went down to the neighbour's garden, but soon jumped back over the fence when they heard the dogs another garden down. 


4 comments:

  1. Those deer are so lovely! Look at them all eating at the table! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't help saying ahhh when you see them!

      Delete
  2. Those deer are cute but I must be honest. I love my garden and would get really fed up of them eating everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't planted anything this year so I'm not so bothered. In the past they have annoyed me but they are cute. I think the community garden had a real problem with them and, one year, when we planted lovely tomatoes that were growing really well I wasn't happy at all when they came and ate them!

      Delete