Monday 24 June 2019

Stubby

I was looking through photos on my computer, looking to organise June last year and came across these photos. They certainly made me smile. Last year in our garden, for several months, we had a regular squirrel visitor to the garden. We knew it was exactly the same squirrel as it was missing a tail with only a stubby point remaining. Stubby was a much loved visitor to the garden, but we haven't seen him since winter so I'm assuming he didn't make it through the harsh winter. When he first came to the garden he was quite shy and ran when we came out, yet towards the autumn he was hanging out - literally - on the feeding pole even when we were outside. I swear he was laughing at us. There were times when he had what seemed like a cheeky little grin on his face.

We've only had feeders in the garden a year or so and it still amazes me that all the visitors seem to have distinct personalities. I'm sure that anyone who watches the creatures that visit their garden thinks the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment